Business Development Executive
Business Development/Sales Executive/ Lead Generator
Do you love sales? Are you self driven and want to make an impact in a growing business?
As an independent Auctioneer, New England have been buying and selling used machinery and equipment to UK & Worldwide businesses for over 50 years. Due to the recent growth New England are looking to appoint a Sales Lead Generator/Sales Executive to assist with the effective development of the department. Reporting to the Business Development team, you will play an instrumental role in driving our Growth strategy and developing our brand through targeting specific Industry businesses .We’re looking for an, ambitious, and hands-on Lead Generation Executive to help define, operationalise and commercialise our strategy.
The Sales Executive is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads to support the Project Managers & Directors.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including prospect lists, current customers and individual research. You will have a fantastic telephone manner with the ability to self-motivate. This is a challenging role and you need to be able to be confident in finding new business and closing the sales.
The ideal candidate needs to be confident in handling objections, passionate about helping customers and loves talking to people.
We are a small family business that are growing rapidly. We want to be able to progress and develop our people so you will potentially help in all areas of the business as and when required.
Main Duties include:
- Introductory calls
- New Business Acquisitions
- Generate new leads through your own sales pipeline
- Network through Social Media
- Assistance with Marketing
- Contact a targeted number of clients
- Overcome objections
- Follow up on leads
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships
- Promote the company’s services
- Appointment setting for Sales Director
- Other general sales and office duties
- Target Driven.
- Professional and articulate.
- Proactive and confident.
- Wanting to develop and learn
- Loves Sales & Marketing
Business Development Manager
New Business Development Manager – Industrial & Commercial Machinery/Equipment & Assets
Due to the continued growth within the New England Group, we have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager within our expanding team primarily within the UK market.
This is an exciting opportunity for a proven new business salesperson in either B2B sales ideally Auctions or Manufacturing/Engineering Industries. This is a new role in a growing division of our established company There are vast growth potential for those who can perform. As part of a small, super passionate business, you will play an integral role and be part of something special. Our company will be counting on you to make a difference and help us reach the next level. Could this be you?
The idea candidate must be used to dealing with complex sales and display a consultative approach
·The role is new business focused and you will need to be proactive in your approach and possess a hunter mentality. You will be driven, self-motivated and want to exceed expectations. This position will be based from home, however office time is required weekly at our Head Office in Oldbury, West Midlands. The role covers a national remit; therefore you will be required to travel across the UK with some international travel expected (not frequent). The ideal candidate will ideally be located in Central England to cover the whole of the UK. Reporting to the Sales Director, you will be responsible for generating new business and selling our services to SME & Blue Chip Manufacturers. Deals can be complex with a long sales cycle. You will work closely with the business development team and our Director’s to generate new business opportunities. Some of your duties will include:
- Achieving financial targets to ensure positive sales revenues are achieved for new business development
- To collaborate with your colleagues and stratagise to create a new business plan to ensure we are targeting the right customers.
- Be the face of New England
- Network and generate your own leads through social media, contacts, business strategies and marketing.
- You will need to have experience of working within a new business sales environment, and auction knowledge is desirable but not essential
- Strong influencing skills to ensure completion of contract agreements as well as negotiating skills
- Strong sales and commercial background with high levels of numerical understanding
- Good computer and communication skills to deliver compelling business cases and propositions
- Results driven
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills, that focuses on the needs of the prospect customer
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build, maintain and develop effective working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Ability to motivate, focus and interact with other team members in a professional and structured manner
- High standards of administration, time management and personal presentation
- Reporting financials to directors
- Successful history of net new business sales, with the ability to drive consistent delivery against revenue targets
- Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles and demonstrated ownership of all aspects of territory management
- Previous Sales Methodology training and strong customer references.
- Account management experience a plus
- Is able to build personal relationships via customer and prospect networks
- Adopts and maintains a first-class business commitment to the role
- High level of self-discipline and motivation
- Must possess a full clean UK driving licence
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
This division of the business is at a pivotal stage of its growth and requires someone with energy, hunger and a ‘go getter’ attitude who will really drive new business efforts.
If you are an experienced New Business professional, with a passion for sales and who want to make a mark in an exciting developing business then please apply now for an immediate interview.
Basic Salary – £35,000 -£40,000
Company Car or Allowance